top of page
Sites of Interest
The General Federation of Women's Clubs is the oldest and largest nondenominational, nonpartisan volunteer service organization of women in the world, with clubs in every state and more than a dozen countries. The GFWC is represented in thousands of communities across the world by volunteers working to enhance the lives of their neighbors, making towns safer and more beautiful, and extending the hand of support and friendship to individuals near and far.
The Florida Federation of Women's Clubs was formed in 1895 in Green Cove Springs, Florida as part of the General Federation of Women's Clubs. Children were at the heart of much of their work. They petitioned for laws against child labor and for compulsory education. Their love for conversation led to the formation of Royal Palm Park that later became a part of the Everglades National Park. There are 14 districts in the state of Florida and the GFWC Woman's Club of Leesburg is in district 7.
bottom of page